WI Kids Camp-GLR has been canceled for this summer due to COVID-19.
Monday, June 15 – Friday, June 19, 2020
For those who have completed grades 3, 4 and 5
$250 per camper
What to bring
- Pajamas, underwear and extra socks
- Warm jacket or sweatshirt, hat and rain coat/poncho
- Modest one-piece swimsuit, beach towel
- Two pairs of shoes (one pair of closed toe shoes)
- Towel, washcloth, toiletries and comb or brush
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Water bottle
- Bible, notebook and pen
- Shorts, T-Shirts, Long pants & Long sleeved shirts
- Bug spray with DEET
- Disposable camera (optional)
- A desire to have FUN!
- Money for the Canteen snack bar (optional), Limit $10. No need to bring cash if Canteen was paid with registration.
What NOT to bring
- Food (unless needed for dietary reasons)
- Weapons or Firearms
- Non-prescription or over the counter medications
- Electronic games
- Radios, CD players, mp3 players, iPods
- Portable DVD players, laptops
- Cell phones or pagers
- Prank or gag materials
It is a good idea to label personal belongings with camper’s first and last name. Lost and found items (of which there are always many) will be held for a month before being donated to a non-profit. Please use the contact form to inquire about any lost items after camp
Camper Behavior Expectations
The Kids Camp staff expects every camper’s behavior to be respectful: respectful of the staff as well as respectful toward one another (fellow campers). We think that this models the great commandment of Jesus – Love God and Love Others. We get a whole week of showing each other how to love “up” to God and to adults as well as “across” to our friends and fellow campers. So to sum it all up in one word: RESPECT.
We realize campers will make mistakes and will need gentle correction (even adults need this from time to time). Mistakes are okay. The staff will not overreact to mistakes. What makes a respectful environment is how we all respond to correction; positively or negatively. Negative response to correction will not create an environment of respect. But a positive response to correction will. We encourage positive responses to any gentle correction needed while at camp!
We provide the address to camp to allow family and friends to be able to write letters to campers while at camp. We make it a big deal when campers get mail, so we encourage family and friends to send mail. Begin sending mail the week prior to camp to ensure your child receives it.
WI Kids Camp 2020 (insert your child’s name)
2372 30th Ave
Osceola, WI 54020